Online Programs and Degrees
Think you are too busy to go back to school? Not with our flexible online and hybrid programs. Whether you are a registered nurse hoping to earn your bachelor's degree, or wanting to become a nurse practitioner or educator, we have the program for you.
Click on one of the programs below to learn how to get started:
RN to BSN (EARN) Program
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
Auburn University at Montgomery Core Curriculum
Regardless of your major, all Auburn Montgomery undergraduates take a core curriculum that includes English composition, literature, history, sciences, fine arts, social sciences and mathematics. These are taken primarily during the freshman year.
Nursing students must possess the functional ability to perform the skills and behaviors required of a professional nurse. These abilities include but are not limited to:
- Adequate vision, such as that required to observe changes in physical conditions, to read small print on labels and markings on syringes, and to discern subtle changes in color.
- Adequate hearing, such as that required to distinguish muted sounds through a stethoscope.
- Fine motor skills and manual dexterity, such as that required to handle small, delicate equipment.
- Strength to turn and assist with lifting adults, and to lift and carry children.
- The mobility to respond quickly in emergency situations.
- The ability to communicate and interact effectively with others, orally and in writing.
- The ability to detect odors.
- The ability to read independently and to comprehend the written word.